Bringing Czech authority files into 21st century: Integration with Wikidata
On 10th September 2021, I took part in Quality Days 2021 conference on Wikidata and talked about our long-running collaboration with the National Library of the Czech Republic. Below, I provide key points from the talk (with links to more resources) and a video recording of the talk.
- I described the various databases operated by the National Library, especially the National Authority database and Czech Explanatory Terminology Database of Library and Information Science. The national authority database portal (in Czech) is available for those interested in their data structure and organization.
- I talked about our first steps in 2006, when the library first started linking Wikipedia. At the time, this was covered by Ikaros magazine.
- I showed the graph of gradual increase in matched entries between National authorities and Wikidata. The statistics comes from this page and also historical data here.
- I described our „63,000 challenge“ aimed at Mix’n’Match matching as well as Increment tables maintained by Frettiebot.
- Linking to Wikidata from bibliographical MARC files is methodically captured in these guidelines (Czech)
- Finally, I talked about the National Authority wikibase maintained by Wikimedia Czech Republic